Friday, August 27, 2010

Push yourself.....

My life was going, like a boat in a quiet sea,
Boat, strong enough to balance against any odds.
Though I didn’t know when the sea may turn violent,
I never thought of turbulence, so I remained silent.

This silence was killing me as it made me lazy,
Coz, I always wanted to do something classy.
One day I firmly decided to come out of my comfort zone,
Though I knew it, I am going to be all alone.

Few months went on as everything was under my feet,
I felt like the lord, whom no one can beat.
I was extremely happy that my dreams cherished,
But one day all of a sudden, everything perished.

What happened then was no where near good,
My condition was like a fly, caught in the mud.
I prayed and prayed to god hopefully,
But he turned down my prayers dreadfully.

Then I saw a saint, who was in full bloom,
And asked him why I was pushed into this gloom.
For that he smiled, and began to say
That, after every night there will again be a day.

Success is how you bounce back after a failure,
God is not the one you should censure.
Difficulties rush in to test one’s true self,
You can win them, only if you push yourself.

--- DreamKote